Saturday, January 14, 2012

Death’s dance

From the roars of my enemies approaching,
My body vibrates, my hands tightly grasp
My sword, my mind focus, ready to command
My heart, my soul, my being.
It begins.

To the beats of clashing swords, I engage
In death’s dance. My weight shifting back
And forth from heel to toe, again and again
My hands wheeling my blade with no effort.

Precise is every swing, fluid in my every
Move. My ears glued to the music
Ensuring that I don’t miss a beat, creating
A perfect harmony between mind, body, and sword.

Through this union, I dance and dance
Until the music stops…, the battle’s
Over, it seem. Nothing moves, not even me, afraid
That the music will return. That way I’m
Poised and ready to recommence death’s dance




By: Shabaka K Mathlin

2 comments:

  1. in this poem I see myself fighting for love.... and even if I win.... I will still be poised to fight for her...again and again....if I have to....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise to the passion! The war drums are relentless, in ears of all whose hearts are touched by the love of the most high! Trust we fight this battle together brother... Victory is in sight for those who refuse to let down their guard.

    ReplyDelete